Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trillium to support Delain on European tour

Go down 
+4
WTI
ABMaro
Oneofthepandies
' Gabby
8 posters
AuthorMessage
' Gabby
Stalker
Stalker
' Gabby

Trillium to support Delain on European tour Empty
PostSubject: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:59 am

YAY! bounce

Quote :
TRILLIUM - the metal solo project from AVANTASIA vocalist Amanda Somerville, will support Holland's DELAIN on tour through Europe in April and May. The complete schedule is as follows:

Trillium to support Delain on European tour Trillium

April
26 - Hamburg, Germany - Grünspan
27 - Berlin, Germany - Lido
28 - Warsaw, Poland - Progresja
29 - Zlin, Czech Republic - Masters Of Rock Cafe

May
2 - Budapest, Hungary - Club 202
3 - Wien, Austria - Arena
4 - München, Germany - Backstage
5 - Romagnano Sesia, Italy - Rock 'n' Roll Arena
6 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
8 - Köln, Germany - Gloria
9 - Vosselaar, Belgium - Biebob
10 - Karlsruhe, Germany - Substage
11 - Paris, France - Alhambra
12 - Birmingham, UK - HMV Institute 2
13 - Sheffield, UK - Corporation
15 - Manchester, UK - O2 Academy
16 - London, UK - Koko

- http://www.bravewords.com/news/173914
Back to top Go down
http://amandasomervillebr.com/
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:13 am

YAY does not quite cover the awesomeness of this :p
I'm definitely going to some UK gigs with Emily, hopefully all four. The Belgium gig is a big maybe because the location is just all wrong. It's not veyr practical to get there if you don't have a car. Might be able to find a driver though. Will try.
Anyway, I'm scheming. Who else is going?
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:05 am

WOOT! Hope you guys have fun at the gigs!
*gazes at Europe longingly from afar*
Back to top Go down
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Basically what Tessa said Razz I don't know if I could make all four gigs but I certainly hope to do Birmingham and London. Sheffield is a possibility, maybe even Manchester but it all depends on when exams are - they start that week.
Back to top Go down
' Gabby
Stalker
Stalker
' Gabby

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:57 pm

You guys will have such an amazing time there!!!! *_______* bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://amandasomervillebr.com/
Bubble
Casual Fan
Casual Fan
Bubble

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 am

oh no...it seems no Trillium live for me... Sad

Everyone who had the chance to go to one or more shows..have fun and take some pictures and videos for us, who can't go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
J D Dunsany
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:17 am

Saw Trillium last night in Manchester. Wow! Amanda's stage presence, her vocals - everything about her - were amazing. I've not seen anyone own the stage in such a complete way before. She was charming, charismatic, sexy and ever so slightly mischievous. In short, she was awesome.

The set opened with 'Machine Gun' and closed with 'Coward'. There was one Kiske-Somerville song in the set, but, to my eternal shame, I don't own that album (yet) so I can't tell you which one - but it sounded pretty heavy. 'Bow To The Ego' was another highlight. The band were tight; Amanda's voice was clear throughout and she made everything seem so utterly effortless.

Both Halcyon Way (the other support band) and Delain were excellent too, but performance of the night was Amanda's by some margin. She was incredible. If you haven't had the chance to see her live yet, you should move heaven and earth to do so.

Very Happy

JDD

PS: I tried to take photos, but my phone camera's worse than useless. Sorry...
Back to top Go down
zethos
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:09 am

i saw them in Birmingham brill show I think trillium should of been the headlineing act Smile
Back to top Go down
J D Dunsany
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:39 am

I'd agree that both Amanda and the band as a whole have what it takes to go far and become a headlining act in the future. At this stage, though, supporting a band like Delain (who, incidentally, were similarly impressive in Manchester) makes a lot of sense, because it'll give them the exposure they need to take that next step.

I definitely want to see Trillium again and I'd imagine that most of the crowd there on Tuesday night will feel the same way. I hope the tour has gone and is going well for the band. They deserve every success that comes their way.

All the best!

JDD
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:41 pm

I was at both shows and I agree: Trillium killed! The song she played from Kiske-Somerville was 'Set Afire' and I definitely recommend that album. For the rest she played more or less the same set at all gigs as far as I know. I don't remember the exact order of the songs but they played:
Machine Gun
Coward
Purge
Utter Descension
Bow To The Ego
Mistaken
Path of LEast Resistance (AMAZING live btw)

And then Set Afire from Kiske-Somerville.
I think she might have played into the Dissonance as well but I'm not entirely certain anymore... I suck at remembering setlists.

In any case, I've fallen in love with Trillium all over again!
Back to top Go down
J D Dunsany
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:28 am

I have a feeling you were standing only a few feet away from me and my son at the Manchester gig. I wish I'd got involved with this site before the gig; I'd have said hello! Very Happy

JDD
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I was in the front to the right (I was at every show, it's my favourite spot :p) At least we now know for the future :p

Last edited by Oneofthepandies on Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caz
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?
Caz

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:09 am

I went to the London gig, it was awesome. Best night i've had in ages. I got really drunk at the aftershow party and decided to tell everyone how awesome Amanda is, even to Amanda herself. i think i embarrassed myself a little lol.

I filmed most of it. Search my name cazreason on youtube and all the video's are on my channel Smile during "Purge" the guy infront of me let me get to the barrier so the video's after Purge are better quality without heads in the way.

The only song i didn't film was set Afire as i didn't really know it so i used that song to take photo's. I do have that album but i tend to just repeat "If I had a wish" over and over again lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cazreason.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trillium to support Delain on European tour   Trillium to support Delain on European tour Empty

Back to top Go down

Trillium to support Delain on European tour
Page 1 of 1