Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum! Empty
PostSubject: January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum!   January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 am

Amanda posted a new blog today (And we're mentioned in it!)! Reas and discuss it here.

Hello-hello!

I hope everyone's 2010 has gotten off to a great start! Mine certainly has. Well, as long as you don't count getting infected vocal cords (actually different from laryngitis - go figure?) right before starting a big tour. I'll just chalk it up to leftover echoes of 2009. The ear, nose & throat Doc came by the hotel this evening to check me out (bless him!) and said that everything's looking fine, though I'm still sounding a bit sandpaper-ish. Good news!

The Rock Meets Classic - or RMC - tour is getting off to a great start. The rehearsals went well and it's fun getting to know everyone and be on stage with ALL THOSE PEOPLE! And they're all wonderful musicians. I haven't actually come up with a total count, but it's got to be around 40 of us on stage. Quite an awesome feeling! And not only that, but also getting the opportunity to perform these fantastic songs with the original artists is pretty neat. Um, yes. I actually just said, "neat!"

I'm doing some filming, so YES, there will be some more tour-vlogging going on!! I'll get those put together as soon as I can. Just keep checking back and looking on my YouTube Channel; I'll post the news as soon as I have them started!

If you get a chance, come out to one of the shows (check the show times HERE). Mat Sinner and Henny Wolter from Primal Fear are playing in the band. I've also got a solo feature where I'm singing "Alone" by Heart. Fun! Here's the set list:

Dan McCafferty (Nazareth):

Dream On
Hair of the Dog
Holiday
Love Hurts
This Flight Tonight

Bobby Kimball (Toto):

Girl Goodbye
Rosanna
I Will Remember / I'll Be Over You (Medley)
Africa
Hold the Line

Lou Gramm (Foreigner):

Cold As Ice
Waiting For A Girl Like You
Juke Box Hero
Dirty White Boy
I Wanna Know What Love Is

Besides that, my NEW WEBSITE is finally up and running!!! I'm really excited about it and would love to hear what you think of it. Here you can find out about the latest happenings, check out some sound and video clips, order CDs and a bunch of other fun stuff. Thanks again to Antonio Cesar for the great work he's done. CHECK IT OUT!

AND I'm not done yet. Some lovely fans have started an Amanda Somerville Forum, which you can get registered on and discuss all things Somerville right HERE! They have all kinds of exciting things planned - even a contest, which will ! A big, "Thank You" to Tessa and Emily!

OK, I'm calling it a night. It's 2am and I've got to get lots of rest for my pipes (yeah, good going). I just hope I can sleep tonight because as of now, it sounds like someone is peeing on my head (the insulation of my hotel room is apparently not that great)!

Thanks for all of your well-wishes. I really appreciate them! Now to quote the brilliant Dan McCafferty:

Rock 'n' roll!

xx
Amanda
www.amandasomerville.com
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
Calwen
Devotee
Devotee
Calwen

PostSubject: Re: January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum!   January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum! EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:30 am

I just wander does Amanda have a profile here?
Back to top Go down
http://ggbteckacalwen.blog.cz
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum!   January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum! EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:57 am

She does, but I'm not sure if she checks it, as far as I know the account is still linked to the fanclub e-mail address
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum!   January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum! Empty

Back to top Go down

January 14 2010: Tour, New Website, New Forum!
Page 1 of 1