Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera Empty
PostSubject: Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera   Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:23 pm

This album was released in 2003, and Amanda wrote the concept, story and lyrics. It tells the tale of a land known as Aina, or Aindahaj (if you were to call it by its Ainae name). The four people who created Aina are Amanda Somerville, Miro, Sascha Paeth and Robert Hunecke-Rizzo.

Wikipedia wrote:

The story begins with a warning delivered to King Taetius by The Prophets, who warn him of danger on the horizon.

The story then moves on to the love triangle between Oria Allyahan and the two sons of King Taetius: Talon and Torek. After the death of his father, Torek becomes the king of Aina. However, he flees the kingdom in rage and humiliation when Talon is the one that gains lady Oria's hand in marriage.

Torek befriends a gruesome race known as the Krakhon, to whom he becomes a mix of king and deity; he also takes on the name of their deity, Sorvahr. Quickly, Sorvahr gathers an army of the Krakhon and leads them into a war against the whole world. Eventually he sieges and takes over Aina, casting out his brother, Talon, as well as Talon's wife, Oria, and daughter, Oriana.

In an effort to preserve his kingdom, Talon sends Oriana away from him where she can be safe. Meanwhile, Sorvahr rapes Oria, who eventually gives birth to Syrius.

Unknowing of their relation to each other (as siblings and as enemies), Oriana and Syrius meet one another and fall in love. As the couple reaches adulthood, Talon returns to the kingdom with a new army to retake the throne of Aina. Talon takes Oriana with him to help lead the army; on the other side, Sorvahr takes Syrius with him to lead the opposing army. As Oriana and Syrius meet in battle, they declare a tentative peace on the battlefield. The peace is shattered when Sorvahr, disgusted with his son for making peace rather than war, kills Syrius. Horrified and enraged, Oriana then takes the fight back to Sorvahr and defeats him on the battlefield; she then takes the throne of the newly reinstated Kingdom of Aina.
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera   Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 pm

I truly love this one, I still listen to it almost weekly and when I have a headache 'the story of Aina' always helps. One of my best purchases ever!
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
fehidragon
Stalker
Stalker
fehidragon

PostSubject: Re: Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera   Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Loved this album!! Can't get enough of it!!!! Aina is the best! Amanda is the best!!
Back to top Go down
Mooner
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?
Mooner

PostSubject: Re: Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera   Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

First time I'd heard the phrase 'Goth Metal Diva' used to describe her. If I remember correctly, she wrote this around the time she had hunkered down with LOTR, and even developed a bit of her own language for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera   Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera Empty

Back to top Go down

Aina: Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera
Page 1 of 1