Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New blog october 10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

New blog october 10 Empty
PostSubject: New blog october 10   New blog october 10 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:50 am

Hello, fellow Internet & Information junkies!

Well, summer is officially over for us in Germany; the heater was turned on last night for the first time this year and outside my window is a bunch of fog and yuckiness!!! But, hey, that means it's also cuddle weather and the season to be productive indoors, right? Heck yes.

Here's the latest, taken from Mat Sinner's Blog:

Here are some more news from Frontiers Records:

Producer Mat Sinner checks in from the recordings of the highly aclaimed new melodic metal project by former HELLOWEEN vocalist Michael Kiske and American singer Amanda Somerville (Avantasia)!
„We’ve finished the songwriting for 12 original new songs – no covers .... and a week ago, we’ve started the final recordings! Everything looks cool and the song material is amazing!“

Most of the songs are written by Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson (co-producer & guitarist), more songwriting contributions come from former „After Forever“ guitarist Sander Gommans, Amanda Somerville (Arise, A Thousand Suns, Set Afire) and two outstanding symphonic songs written by Mat Sinner with keyboard maestro Jimmy Kresic (End Of The Road, Devil In Her Heart). Some more song titles can be revealed for the moment: Silence, Don't Walk Away, Rain, Nothing Left To Say, If I Had A Wish, One Night Burning and Second Chance

We’re recording in two studios at the moment. Magnus is recording guitars at his own Stuntguitar Studios in Sweden and I’m working at the „Audiospezialist“ Studio in Germany with drummer Martin Schmidt (ex-Atrocity, RMC Band) and keyboarder Jimmy Kresic (Voodoo Circle). After the „Primal Fear“ European Tour, we will start with the vocal & chior recordings and I’m really looking forward to be a part of this progress. This album is a big challenge and it sounds already like something really special for me, in a time we face a hundered metal releases every month.

Sander Gommans will join the team and will add some lead guitars and we’re talking to two more prominent musicians for a guest appearance.
Achim Koehler (Primal Fear, Edguy) is chosen to mix & master the album at Indiscreet Studios for a spring release on Frontiers Records.

Look out for a melodic metal masterpiece in early 2010!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, as I posted on my Facebook & Twitter, I wrote and sang a new jingle for a swine vaccine a couple weeks ago. It's a very humbling and hilarious experience to stand in front of a microphone and sing about pork chops and bacon. Sander had the honor of recording it and I must say we had a jolly time of it. You can only imagine what a crazy studio experience that would be, right? Haha!

Also, don't forget about the tour coming up in January with Rock Meets Classic!!! The singers and songs from Foreigner, Toto and Nazareth will be featured and performed with the Bohemian Symphony Orchestra Prague and I'm excited to share the stage with them. There have been 2 extra shows added in Luzern, CH and Prague, CZ. Come to one of the shows if you can! Here are the dates again:

10.01.2010 GER - Saarbruecken - Saarlandhalle (Probe)
11.01.2010 GER - Saarbruecken - Saarlandhalle (Generalprobe)
13.01.2010 NL - Rotterdam - Ahoy
14.01.2010 GER - Bonn - Beethovenhalle
15.01.2010 GER - Essen - Grugahalle
16.01.2010 GER - Stuttgart - Liederhalle
17.01.2010 CH - Luzern - Stadthalle
18.01.2010 GER - Muenchen - Philharmonie
19.01.2010 GER - Frankfurt - Jahrhunderthalle
21.01.2010 GER - Hamburg - CCH1
23.01.2010 GER - Kempten - Big Box
24.01.2010 GER - Bamberg - Jako Arnea
25.01.2010 GER - Berlin - Tempodrom
27.01.2010 GER - Dresden - Kulturpalast
28.01.2010 GER - Halle / Saale - Händel Halle
29.01.2010 CZ - Prag - O2 Arena
30.01.2010 GER - Halle / Westfalen - Gerry Weber Stadion

Stay warm and tell someone you love how much you appreciate them.

xx
Amanda
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com

New blog october 10
Page 1 of 1