Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Alloy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caratacus
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

Review of Alloy Empty
PostSubject: Review of Alloy   Review of Alloy EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:52 pm

http://beautifulgrotesque.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/13293120-review-of-trillium-s-alloy-

My review of Alloy on Beautiful Grotesque Webzine.

Would love to know what you guys think of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

Review of Alloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Alloy   Review of Alloy EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:33 am

I agree with most of what you said although I loved the sound of the album straight away. The past week or two, however, I've gotten to the point where I'm familiar enough with the songs to 'get' the lyrics and I'm falling in love with the songs all over again. I seriously think this album is amazing and what I like most is that it's not a traditional metal album. It's so much better just because it's not what you expect a metal album to be. Anyway, I'm rambling xD
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
Caratacus
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

Review of Alloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Alloy   Review of Alloy EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:49 am

I did like the album on first listen and a few of the songs were instantly accessible, but for me others at first sounded only ordinary. It was (as you said) only with further listening that I started to 'get' the lyrics and for the little intricacies in the music to come out.

I do think it's an amazing album, but I'd hate for anyone to throw it on and give it a quick listen and judge it straight off. I think it's an album I'll keep coming back to and find something I'd previously missed.

I also think, as you said, the fact it isn't what people may have expected and that it isn't a traditional metal album will definitely throw some people off, at least initially.

Anyway I'm rambling now lol

PS Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review of Alloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Alloy   Review of Alloy Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Alloy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub :: Amanda Somerville :: Trillium-
Jump to: