Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)

Go down 
+5
Aliafne
Calwen
šišmiš
WTI
Oneofthepandies
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I agree, I guess when Ad left the band they should have just called it quits. What bothers me is that everyone seems to love it. Don't they have ears? It doesn't fit together. It doesn't work. Meh, I'm going to watch Jamie Oliver now and wait for my spiked banana bread to bake
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
Bubble
Casual Fan
Casual Fan
Bubble

Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:20 am

Ohh, I see I'm not the only one, who is disappointed about the album.

I listen to it one time and since then it rests on the board. At the most of the songs I had this "oh I heard this before on one of the older albums" - feeling....

All in all it is not good and not bad, something in between...maybe I should listen to it a second time and give it a chance....well we will see Sad
Back to top Go down
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:03 am

Okay, so I actually bothered to listen to the album. Thought I'd give it a complete run-through. I gave up 20 seconds into track 5.

This album is terrible :/
Back to top Go down
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 am

You did better than I did. I don't think I've listened to more than 5 minutes of any part of it.
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I tried so hard to like this album, but it's just rubbish. I don't get why everyone gives it positive reviews. IT's not right!
Back to top Go down
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:19 pm

No wonder Yves left Razz Like Tessa said on Facebook, getting closer and closer to Mayan, with the same lineup apart from Coen.

Blah.
Back to top Go down
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:12 am

Coen is our only hope now...
I can't blame Yves for leaving though, it looks like he didn't contribute anything for the musical compositions since Delahaye happened.
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:46 pm

I guess, I feel like Yves was the only one worthwhile anymore though. Ah well, such is life I guess.
Back to top Go down
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah, same. But I wasn't sure what the reason was for why he didn't do much on those two albums, if he let Delahaye take on the composing stuff or if that was taken from him. Who knows...

Regardless, album still sucks and now there are even fewer founding members. I predict that if Epica survives a few more albums, the only remaining founding member will be Mark. Or Epica will cease to exist and there will only be Mayan.
Back to top Go down
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 am

I don't know, I've found that the songs Yves has written in the past have been quite commercial (like Never Enough, for example). Maybe they told him he wasn't tr00 enough or something.

Still, it sucks. :/
Back to top Go down
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 am

I suppose but I quite enjoyed Palladium and his pieces on The Score. I think he did better with the heavily orchestrated songs (which explains why he has no place in Epica now, imo.)
Back to top Go down
misseri
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Indeed, Yves is, from the very start, a pianist and not a bassist...
Someone told me that Yves' favorite activity was arranging the orchestral parts.

So, to my mind, he didn't feel like going on something where he's not able to do what he really want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)   Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Epica (The Phantom Agony‚ Consign To Oblivion‚ The Divine Conspiracy‚ Design Your Universe, Requiem For The Indifferent)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub :: Amanda Somerville :: Work with other artists-
Jump to: